Spinach pesto pasta
This is a great school night meal for the whole family. Ready in just 25 minutes, this spinach and basil pesto pasta can be served with garlic roasted tomatoes and a side salad. Add some cheesy garlic bread which kids will love.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions then drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water. Meanwhile, put the spinach, basil, cheese, lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a food processor and whizz until mostly smooth; season.
2. Return the pasta to the hot, dry pan and stir in the spinach mixture with 3-5 tbsp of the reserved pasta water to create a thick, glossy sauce. Season if needed. Serve immediately with the chilli flakes and a little more grated or shaved cheese on top.
3. Serve with a side salad and cheesy garlic bread for a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose and Partners. Get your ingredients for this recipe at Waitrose in Putney Exchange Shopping Centre, Putney, London.
- 360g Waitrose 1 ditaloni rigati pasta, or other tube pasta
- 260g baby leaf spinach
- ½ x 25g pack basil, leaves only
- 50g parmigiano reggiano, grated, plus extra to serve
- ½ lemon, zest of all, 1 tsp juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes, to serve